29 November 2019

festive decor

When I work in my front yard (for example, putting up Christmas decorations), I always feel like the people driving by are looking at my butt. 

People are probably more likely looking at their cell phones, but I can never shake that feeling. I used to be self-conscious every time I bent down, but now I figure if people are looking, they're looking, and there's nothing I can do about it anyway.

Holy moly, I forgot how much work it is to put up Christmas lights. Things look a little different this year, and I've already gotten compliments from neighbors driving by. :)

The inside decorations got put up, too. I really won't have a chance to decorate after this weekend, so I did as much as I could today.

Pumpkin was interested in the tree... she better not pee under it.


This year the ornaments went on the wall again, gallery-style. They always seem to disappear inside the tree and look much more interesting on the wall. My dad suggested adding lights, and this is the final product:


It's a little wonky, but it's cute.

Now, everything hurts, including my hands. It's also warm and muggy outside. You think I'd be used to getting in the Christmas spirit while sweating.

No comments:

Post a Comment