10 November 2019

cold and work and fun

It's supposed to be cold next week and I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT IT.

I haven't turned my heater on yet, because I've been opening the doors to let the fresh, cool air in. I turned on the fireplace today, mostly to make sure it still worked, but this massive cold front may force me to use the furnace. I also put the heated mattress pad on my bed. Hello, coziness.

I'm glad I don't have to travel next week, mostly so I can cover my plants while the temperature drops below freezing for a few hours overnight.

Last week was interesting. So many problems. We were basically working on an active construction site and had to wear hard hats and such. I'm pretty chill about a lot of stuff, but the thing that made me call my boss was the fact that the restrooms weren't ready and I'm NOT about to use a construction site porta potty so I had to drive around the block to use the chick fil a restroom several times a day. My boss pretty much told me not to go back until they have a certificate of occupancy. The jobsite foreman was pleased about that and so was I. Sheesh.

Pumpkin has gotten back to normal, eating and snuggling and even playing a little. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm happy I have my cat back.

Missy's wedding stuff is coming up fast. I got my dress in (We ordered online so for modesty and warmth I bought the one with the highest neckline and most sleeves I could get), the shower/bachelorette party is soon, and the next thing you know, it'll be 2020.

Oh, I got all of the cat food cans washed and turned into cute little planters for the favors, and printed out the little flags. If I can get the plants to live, these are going to be really cute.


The rest of the year is going to be a lot of fun, and I'm so excited for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment