27 November 2019

portal upgrade

Today, around 3:30 in the afternoon, I decided to start painting my front door.

It's the next thing on the list, I had the paint, it was a nice afternoon, so I went for it.

I've never painted a door before. It went surprisingly fast, standing in basically the same spot, vs painting a room.

I started by washing the door really well with hot soapy water and a sponge, then dried it off.

It took 2 coats of tinted primer, then 1 coat of the real paint.

I am so, so happy with how it looks.

Before:


I don't know why the previous owners chose this color. The best way to describe it... it was a terra cotta color with a mauve undertone. It bugged me every time I walked up to it because it doesn't really go with the other colors on the house, and it's the only thing painted that color.

After:


I don't know what this color is. I matched the color that's on the siding. This color scheme makes so much more sense to me!

It's brighter, happier, and open and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment