17 January 2020

eye makeup

Ok so I've been really into eye makeup the last week or so. Yeah, mascara and a little eyeliner are good but eyeshadow is where the fun is at. Since I tossed all of my old eyeshadows years ago, I actually had to go buy some.

I picked up this assortment because it had lots of colors and it was on clearance.


While I'm learning what I like, I'm not going to spend a ton of money on high-end stuff so this was perfect.

The cool part was, when I turned it over, it had instructions!


I have only tried the "Day look" because it's simple and only has three shades. I don't love the #2 color because it's kinda orangey, but the diagram has helped with the intimidation factor for sure.

Not really convinced that the "night look" requires all those different colors in all those different places... it seems like overkill but maybe it's necessary and I'm just uneducated?

Other notes:
-I need to get an eyelid primer or something because my skin is so oily and by the end of the day, the eyeshadow is all creased and trying to slide off.
-I thought I would be all about the sparkle, but I'm not sure I love the shimmery colors. I think I might prefer the more matte shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment