01 January 2020

The first day of 2020

Hi! There is a cat on my lap and a glass of wine next to me and a fire going in the fireplace. I'm pretty happy about all that.

It's January first and I spent most of the day in my fluffy pink bathrobe lounging around FG's house. We did go to the NYE party, and I'm so glad we did because one of the couples there got engaged! It was so cute, he worked the proposal into the (rigged) White Elephant game. Then around 11:20pm, FG looked at me and said he wanted to go home, so I drove us home and it turned midnight while we were in his laundry room, after cleaning up dog pee because Rosco was terrified of the fireworks.

We soaked in the hot tub and were asleep before all the drunks were on the roads. Solid night.

The last few weeks have been fairly indulgent; I happily and consciously consumed chips, sweets, and alcohol with abandon. As a result, I have noticed that my stomach is a lot more grumbly than normal. Can I blame it?

I've also noticed that when I eat dairy, even when I take those lactose pills, my stomach seems to get upset. I think it's time to cut it out completely, because I'm tired of feeling sick. It's not really an issue unless I'm staring at cheese dip or my mom's pecan nut cups, and those are not daily things so I should be okay.

I considered doing another Whole 30 to re-set my eating habits, but I'm going to Vegas in 10 days and... let's be realistic.

Instead I am going to attempt a very loose version of it. I'm not buying any more chips, the cookies in the freezer are gone, and I have prepped a beautiful salad and froze some chili, so that I have quick, healthy meal options. Also going to make a point to drink more water, since that's never a bad thing.

There ya go, I've outlined a few short-term goals. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment