15 December 2019

Elvis, magicians, and growth?

This Saturday was FG's company christmas party. Oh, was it fun.

I found a pleated tulle skirt with gold sparkles that I was excited to wear, and FG wore a sport coat and some pants that make his booty look good (that we went shopping for a while back after I discovered that his suit was about 20 years old and very ill-fitting).

I have to say, the people that he works with know how to throw a party, and they know how to party.

The party was in a hotel ballroom, so we booked a room at the hotel, as did many of his coworkers.

The highlights:
Elvis singing during dinner, and I convinced FG to dance towards the end of the party. Hey, you can 2-step to just about anything, and a twirl is always appropriate.

A magician. He wandered around the room doing tricks. He asked me to hold out my hand in a fist, then he drew an X on his hand in sharpie. He proceeded to "pick" the X off of his hand (he pretended to pinch it between his fingers, and the mark was gone from his hand), then pretended to blow it from between his fingers towards my fist. When I opened my hand, there was an X on my palm. I felt nothing, I have no idea how he managed to put an X in sharpie on my hand. He was pretty good. I considered googling the trick to see how it's done, but I think I'd rather just go with the magic.

I recognized many of FG's colleagues and employees from previous events, and it was nice that many of them recognized me as well. At least 3 or 4 times, his employees told me how much they love FG and how he's a great boss. Unsolicited. I thought that was pretty nice.

Then, the official party ended and the after party/ shenanigans began. We all moved to the hotel bar to continue the festivities. There was a woman who used to work for FG but she got promoted, and I've seen her a handful of times at social events. I like her, we have even exchanged phone numbers in the past.
At some point in the night she drunkenly confessed that she would like to have a threesome with myself and FG... and continued to elaborate about the details of her fantasy that she had been thinking about for a long time. It was not offensive, but rather it was a very interesting conversation.
Alas, she's not my type (she has a vagina), nor is she FG's type (she has an ass), and besides I have that strict, "no colleagues," rule that I never imagined I would have to apply to a threesome request. Ha!

At the end of the night, FG was absolutely hammered and I was pretty lit myself. We bounced ourselves off the walls into the elevator, and made it to our room, where as the least-drunk person I was tasked with preparing myself and FG for bed. (I have my 8-step skincare routine and he... he just fell backwards diagonally onto the bed fully clothed.) At some point, I attempted to take off FG's shoes, and we ended up falling onto the floor giggling. Try moving a joyous drunk man into bed who has 80 pounds on you. It was comical.

Then, things took a turn and FG started to feel sick... y'all know I don't handle vomit well. Thankfully, I was able to help him get out of bed and into the bathroom before anything happened, and surprisingly, instead of the usual panic attack I have when someone pukes, my vomit-anxiety did not peak. I think it's because I was drunk, or maybe I've learned to handle it better over the years, or maybe because the door was closed and I didn't actually hear anything. Probably it was a combination of all those things. Either way, I did not freak out, nor did I want to vomit myself, yay! I call that progress.

The rest of the night was uneventful and although I slept crappy and woke up with the spins and headache, overall it was a super fun night.

Next is Litmas.

*hydrates*

P.S. I have to travel next week and I'm so so so so so so so so OVER IT and ready to be home for a while.

1 comment: