08 December 2019

Simplification

Tonight I got out of the shower and a thought occurred to me.

I keep my nightshirts, socks, undies, and bras in my dresser, which is in my bedroom. My pj pants, robe, and slippers are in the closet, which is in my bathroom. 

I have to go to 2 separate spaces after my shower to get ready for bed. Same for when I pack or pick out my outfits. Why do I have my life organized this way, when I could consolidate all of my daily clothing into one space?

So that's what I did. I basically moved all of the things I use on a daily basis into the closet, and all of the things I don't, got moved to the dresser or under the bed in storage bins. 

Why has it taken me so long to simplify my life like this?
I think it will work out nicely.

Making Christmas lists to prepare for the annual, "Take off work and go shopping" day with Ash. I decided to opt out of most gifts this year. Exchanging gifts with the siblings is always optional, and finances are tight, plus I've been in a very minimalistic vibe lately. 

So for the gifts that I am buying, I'm trying to make them a fun experience (like a gift certificate to a trampoline place for the boys), or something that is actually needed (like a rocking chair for Emma's nursery).

I'm getting stocking stuffers for FG, mom, and dad, and there's always the 5 favorite things game, plus gifts for the kids. That's about it. I want to focus on spending quality time with the people that I love, rather than what trinket to buy them.

Oh, OH! Public Service Announcement: You know how I keep searching for the Anne Murray 1988 Christmas album because it's the most nostalgic Christmas music? There's a playlist on Spotify. I am officially in the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment