03 December 2019

tuesday glass of wine

Why is it only Tuesday? I halfway want to go home, halfway am ok with traveling this week.  The crock pot and employer-purchased wine might be helping my travel fatigue, and San Antonio is not the worst place to be working, even if it's on the outskirts.

I keep having emotionally-charged dreams. Mostly about dudes, which is weird. I wish my subconscious would finish exploring what it needs to explore and get back to the types of dreams that don't make me wake up feeling strange and drained.

I went down to the front desk earlier to get some snacks. When I went grocery shopping, I only got ingredients and healthy stuff... clearly I wasn't thinking right. Armed with some chocolately trail mix and potato chips, I happily and lightly-lit-ly headed back up to my room in my fuzzy socks.

At the last second, a gentleman stuck his hand in the door and boarded the elevator. Wasn't HE charming! Older, with a twinkle in his eye and an english accent, he moderately-lit-ly gestured to the empty wine glass in his hand and commented on how lovely it was to be in an elevator on a Tuesday with an empty wine glass in his hand.

In the 10 seconds or so that we shared the elevator, he said he'd been here for 57 weeks. Holy crap. That's more than a year! Maybe tomorrow I'll head down to the manager's reception and get more about that story.

(I bet he misses his cat, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment