19 December 2019

chasing the peace

I'm supposed to be watching Netflix, but instead I'm sitting here wondering why I volunteered to host FG's family Christmas at my house the morning before Litmas. To be fair, he was stressing HARD over everything. He's slammed at work, I'm not. His house is a wreck and his decorations are still in the attic, and mine is perfectly clean and already decorated.

See?


The food will be catered, and basically all I have to do is provide seating and clean bathrooms. I can do that in order to infuse a little bit of calm in our lives this Christmas. Besides, I love an excuse to throw a party, even if it is stolen.

I came home tonight instead of tomorrow morning. I've got a glass of wine in front of me, a purring kitty curled up next to me, and I'm so happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment