22 December 2019

family christmases

Do you know what? This weekend was so great.

Saturday was both FG's family Christmas and Litmas. We purposely planned it that way to get both of our family's Christmases over with in one day. It sounds bad when I put it that way, but I don't really want to go back and figure out how to word it so that it sounds nicer.

It was the absolute worst day to have one of those headaches that makes me want to kill myself, but it worked out that way anyway. I just rallied and tried my best to enjoy myself.

FG's family Christmas was so fun. My house was full of people, most of them driving in from Austin. At one point, the house was full of chaos; loud with people chatting, laughing, opening gifts, kids literally running around at top speed. I sat in the middle of it all and took a moment to sit back and observe.
And you know what? The house was filled with chaos, but it was such a happy chaos. It was like the house was bursting at the seams because of the happiness inside of it. It was wonderful.

Yes, the house was a mess afterward and instead of cleaning up, I took another painkiller, donned my sparkly disco dress, and we piled in the car to Litmas.

FG's brother joined us for the party, which I expected because he's always down for a spontaneous shindig, but his mom and stepdad also decided to join as well. I think they had a good time; Litmas can be a lot to take in but they seemed to take everything in stride. Must be where FG gets it from.

Litmas was so much fun that I didn't take a single picture. We all took a family picture at some point and I think it turned out blurry, but I haven't actually seen it yet. The vibe was happy and festive, and in the middle of the party my dad won Best Lighting in the neighborhood's Christmas light contest. He took a picture with the sign in his full disco costume, afro wig and all. Random stuff like that is what makes the world go round, y'all.

Today we woke up, FG brought me coffee, then I got up to make more coffee for his brother. FG walked around the house with a trash bag, throwing away random wrapping paper and beer cans and such, which was so sweet, and after they left I cleaned up the rest of the house. Took a while but everything is back in order now. I took a hot bath, and watched some Netflix with Pumpkin curled up in my lap. She seems so small but maybe she was just curled up tightly because it's cool outside. I wonder if her joints hurt when it gets cold?

I am not on vacation until Tuesday which means I have to work tomorrow. I actually have to go see a customer, which means I should probably go to sleep soon.

On an unrelated note, there is an entire jar of salsa in my fridge but I don't have any chips and... that's just not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment