12 March 2020

only thursday

Dude, I'm tired.

Over the last few weeks, I noticed that I've been feeling unusually fatigued. Not sure why, but maybe it's time to have my iron/ thyroid checked?

Maybe it's because this has been the worst year for allergies, for sure. Itchy eyes, runny nose, sinus congestion, sneezing, generally feeling crappy. Can't take allergy medicine during the day because it all makes me sleepy.
Been feeling run down and meh.

I cleaned out the stream last weekend. It was gross. It had gotten full of algae and dirt and fish poo so I took the power washer and went to town. Lots of work and I'm glad I don't ever have to do that again. Unexpectedly, I got a sunburn on my shoulders and back where my tank top rode up. It was sunny, but I didn't think it was that sunny. Four days later and it's still red and itchy. I should have known better, tsk.

Today I wrapped up my customer visit early and went to see Frank. He gave me an extra air scrubber to see if it will help my allergies. Since I'm only 90% sure these are allergies and not a cold, I stayed away from Emma. I wanted to snuggle her SO BAD but I couldn't take the risk of getting her sick.

When I got home, I cleaned every inch of my bedroom. I even dusted the ceiling fan blades. Dusting is probably my least favorite household chore, so surfaces get pretty bad before I clean them. Now, there are no more cat hair tumbleweeds, and I even vacuumed the headboard.
Hopefully all this will help me feel better.

After cleaning, I noticed I was sweaty. Darn it, I guess the cool weather is gone for good. Time to switch on the A/C and start shaving my legs again.
Since I was in the mood, I packed away all my long-sleeved clothes and pulled out the dresses and shorts.

All I want to do now is soak in a hot bath, take some antihistamines, and go to bed early. The hot bath probably won't work because of the sunburn, but I can absolutely crawl into bed.

I really hope with all this coronavirus madness, I don't end up stuck in my house bored. The hospitals have already said not to come in unless it's absolutely necessary, and school is cancelled for 2 weeks. Let's hope this blows over soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment