02 March 2020

RSIBWTBA

Random shit I've been wanting to blog about

in no particular order:

-I feel like I haven't sat down in days. FG asked me if I would help him landscape his rent house on Saturday and I told him,"I can't think of an excuse to get out of it, so sure." And you know what? It was hard work but we make a really great team and it looks fantastic.
Sunday he asked me if I would go with him to IKEA to pick up a stovetop that he had ordered online. I figured it would be a quick trip so I said yes. Then once we got there, he sprung it on me that he also wanted to look at other appliances. You can imagine my overall joy at the situation, but we were already there so I went with it. We fought through the hordes of Sunday IKEA shoppers and strollers (and probably coronavirus), and an hour later, we had 3 carts full of an oven, a microwave, and a dishwasher, in addition to the stovetop.

-You know how old cats get real skinny around the hips? Pumpkin's looking like that. She's been eating well so maybe this is just what happens. She still plays and snuggles and seems happy so I'm happy about that.

-I finally cleaned my floors, for the first time in maybe 6 months. I have come to the conclusion that I hate laminate floors. Give me hardwood and tile and I'll be happy. Heck, I'd be happy with all tile. I love that tile that looks like wood. Frank has it and it's awesome.

-I sat down and took a hard look at my budget. For years, I tracked every cent in a detailed spreadsheet, but I stopped once I started making enough money to not worry about overdrafting. I still keep an eye on my bank account, I don't keep stringent records.
Well, I'm really trying to save money so I went back to my spreadsheet and figured out how much I make/spend/can save each month. Turns out, my monthly bills aren't as much as I thought and I can save a really decent amount each month if I make a few adjustments.
For example, I spend on average $400 a month on groceries. For one person. What?? Of course, that includes things like cleaning supplies and toiletries, but I feel like that's an area where I can really cut back without noticing a huge difference. Back to meal planning while looking at sale flyers. I have a couple more months to pad my savings account and I'm extra motivated now that I've done the math and see how much I can potentially save.

-Work has been really busy and I love it. This job is awesome.

-Huge deal for me: I've been waking up at 6am. Ish. I've been taking some time to wake up in the mornings to watch the news and drink coffee, instead of sleeping until the last possible second and rushing through my morning. I feel so adult-like. I do not enjoy waking up early, but I do enjoy having a more tranquil morning. Also, the news is scary. The world is fucked up.

-I have not done yoga in forever. That was one of the first things I cut out when I started saving money, and instead of going to the studio I would practice at home. I think I don't have the self-discipline to do it regularly at home. I think I need someone guiding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment