13 October 2018

how lucky am i

Sigh. I'm homesick.

6 days of being away and I'm missing my cat, my family, and my man.

The weekdays aren't so hard. I think it's the free time and loneliness of the weekend that is hard. Plus I feel guilty that Pumpkin has been left alone for so long. My neighbor has fed her a few times and says that she cries the whole time she's there. SO MUCH GUILT.

I went to a wine festival in Raleigh today. It was super crowded so it was mostly standing in long lines with a wine glass. The weather was nice, though, so I people-watched until I got tired of it.

Jammed some gangster rap on the satellite radio while cruising down the freeway with the sunroof open. 

Yeah, I know I'm lucky. 
That I get to travel, that I get to experience new things and meet new people. The people in my class are perfectly nice, but I haven't exactly bonded with any of them.

So damn, all I want right now is a glass of wine on my back porch with my cat.
Maybe with foxy grandpa sitting next to me smoking a cigarette.
With plans to go see my sister & nephews tomorrow.

Ah, but I'll soon find a way to appreciate the lovely 65-degree evening listening to the crickets softly chirp in the woods.

I also found a yoga studio nearby that I think I'll check out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment