29 March 2019

happy and such



Taking advantage of this gorgeous, breezy 73-degree evening to enjoy sitting out in the back yard. Soon it will be too hot to truly enjoy it.

Been having some crazy vivid dreams lately. Not the kind that you forget as soon as you wake up, either. The kind that feel like real life and stick with you for a while.

Still struck with that sense of impending doom, but it has thankfully waned lately. Not without lasting effects... it's been a reminder to slow down, enjoy the moment, take in the little things, and appreciate them. All good things, I think.

Work has been slow-ish the last couple of months, but now I have 2 simultaneous installs that I managed to convince the customers to stagger so I can do them back-to-back, and regional meetings, which should make April pretty slammed. Plus I have to upgrade software on 20 or so instruments by the end of June. Which is why I don't feel guilty when work is slow; it always picks up and everything comes out in the wash. Although I have made a lot of progress doing things around the house and I enjoy my lunchtime naps, I have to admit I've been kinda bored and craving human interaction. Plus I get to the point where I need to leave the house.

Which is why this weekend is kinda great timing. It's finally time for the Atlanta grip. Getting to explore a new city, super cheap because we used points for airfare, hotel, and rental car. I'm so excited!

Also I haven't seen him but I'm pretty sure I heard my frog friend a few nights ago out by the pond. So glad he decided to stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment