12 December 2019

hump day

When I logged into my computer a minute ago, I put in the password for my work computer.

That's the kind of day it's been.

I knew it was a full moon or something because things were just a little wonky, all day. Strange customer problems, nothing went on schedule. Not enough to ruin the day, but just enough to throw it off.

After finishing up in the lab this afternoon, I punched FG's address into the GPS and headed straight there. Two hours later, I opened the fridge, took out a cookie, and poured myself a glass of wine. Then I sat down on the couch to answer an email that I have been mentally writing all day. I could hear him struggling in the other room, so after I sent the email I helped him finish installing a ceiling fan. After dinner, I lowered my aching body into the hot tub. I've driven 400 miles in the past 2 days and my hip was hurting so bad. It was so, so relaxing.

(Side note, it's cool that FG has a pretty private backyard because I have yet to wear a bathing suit in the hot tub.)

When I got home and fed the cat, I noticed a message from the customer I'm scheduled to visit tomorrow. Their reagents did not arrive, so I guess that's postponed. I guess I get an office day tomorrow! And lunch with Akhtar, and everything else I had planned for Friday that will get shifted because that's how I roll lately. 

I made cookies tonight, because I'm about to start my period or something. They were really good and DIDN'T make my stomach hurt, so I think I'm really on to something with this "avoid dairy" thing.

Okay, at this point it's tomorrow already and I should go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment