09 March 2023

no toenail

I'd like to go on record saying that having a toenail removed is no joke.

My big toe had one of those random cuticle infections a while back, but it resolved itself and then the nail started to grow out weird, leading to another infection. Hoping to avoid recurring infections, I saw a podiatrist who recommended removing the nail. 

I thought it would be no big deal.
I was wrong. It sucks. It hurts. It looks freaking nasty. It's unnerving.

For starters, removing the gauze the day after the procedure was terrible. The gauze was stuck to the wound so bad that even after soaking for hours, I couldn't remove it. I tried. FG tried. I cried. I had to go back to the doctor to get it removed.

It is SO sensitive. For example, when I took a shower, the water droplets hitting it was so painful.

I'm hoping these first few days are the worst and it heals really fast because this freaking sucks.

Take care of your feet, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment