04 June 2007

baked goods and driving lessons

I made biscotti today.

There's this recipe that I made a few years ago in my "recipe-trying-out" stage. At the time, I decided I didn't like the taste so I threw the recipe out. But today for some reason I found myself craving them. Something about the combination of chocolate and cinnamon.

So I browsed some recipes online and found one that looked decent. I made it, got flour all over in the process, and they turned out good but not the same. Man I wish I still had that recipe.

My mom and I went over to the thrift store that benefits the Fort Bend women's shelter. I got a couple of plates. I don't want matching dishes, I want a nice random combination of neat pieces. Then I finally donated that huge bag of clothes I cleaned out of my closet a while back. Yay for renewed trunk space! (not that I ever use that much anyway but it's the principle.)

I met a friend for coffee, which was really nice. Then I came back and offered to take Suzy driving. She's still getting used to the mechanics of driving that come second nature to all of us that have been driving for a while. We went over to the Kempner parking lot, then she drove around the neighborhood for a while. She's getting a lot better. I'm not gripping my seatbelt and smashing the imaginary brake as much. I taught her a neat trick to keep the car in the lane and not too close to the curb, it worked for me when I started driving.

I tried a new workout tape today. It wiped me out! And that's a good thing.

Ash brought her new puppy over tonight. It's cute. Pumpkin, who is feeling much better, seemed very curious towards her. They just stared at each other, kind of like kids do in a grocery store when their carts pass in the aisle.

Then I made myself dinner. The classic 'chicken, vegetable, starch' meal that I love so much. It's comfort food.

It was a nice, beautiful, relaxing day. And it couldn't have come at a better time.

2 comments:

  1. This is great info to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still use this driving trick lol

    ReplyDelete