24 December 2016

peace

Peace.

As I type this I'm sitting at my dining room table, next to my not-installed double oven that we partially unpacked to see how pretty it is. I'm sitting in a room cluttered with boxes and there are leaves and muddy dog footprints on the floor. It was a painfully long day at work after a bad night's sleep and the remains of multiple projects are scattered around the house. Re: the house is filthy chaos and I'm tired. Plus I just paid the first bills that are due in 2017.
 2017. Already. But let's not get head of ourselves.

Let's talk about tonight- despite all of the factors trying to induce stress- in this house, with the smells of two different scentsy warmers melding nicely, a glass of wine to my left, cookies and ham packed away for a nice work holiday lunch, I feel at peace.

I suppose all of the puzzle pieces have fallen into place, for a moment, so that I get this bit of peace.

Any minute now I expect the anxiety and inner monologue to re-question everything, but for now I'm going to relish the peace.

Cheers.
Merry Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment