04 June 2017

coffee talk

Currently eating fruit for breakfast and pushing coffee & water. I think I ate like 6 cupcakes yesterday. I enjoyed every single one of them but now I've got a food hangover. Nothing like a good, classic party that ends with a few choice folks and sing-alongs on the back porch.

Comcast pissed me off again. No surprise there. They took the opportunity to charge us $50 more a month for the same service after our contract ended. When we called to renew our contract, the only thing we were offered was a bundle that included home phone service, plus a bunch of other stuff we don't want, and our bill would be even higher. Missing the point here, Comcast. You dicks.

So I think I'm ready to ditch the cable service. I don't watch tv that much, so Chris did some research and got a Sling subscription. Our tv didn't allow us to download the appropriate app, so then he ordered a Roku. I haven't played around with it much, but it doesn't seem like it's that much different than cable.

I intended to set up my office either in the actual office or turn my craft room into an office. What actually happened was I kinda set up camp at the kitchen table. I don't like the atmosphere in the other rooms; too closed off, not enough natural light. It works for now, but it's definitely not sustainable.

I do love being able to look outside while I'm sitting at the computer. However I get a great view of the giant, unkept crappy flowerbed. I'm seriously considering removing it and letting the grass take over. So much easier to maintain and at this point, it would look better and hold up best to dog trampling. Then maybe I can create a smaller, easier-to-maintain flowerbed. It's too hot to do any sort of yardwork now, so honestly to avoid heat stroke it'll probably wait until next spring. But the idea is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment