22 August 2018

Lake Tahoe

Hey, so I took a week's vacation to Lake Tahoe.


Foxy Grandpa had the trip planned because his parents couldn't use their time share, and it was super easy to add me onto his Southwest companion pass. When he invited me, I was alllll too happy to accept.

Vacation with a handsome man? Yes please.


I got a super sweet deal on rental cars thanks to my job's discount, so it benefited everyone and I felt like I contributed to the trip.

A bunch of folks went (his friends), and they were all super nice. They liked to DO things,  which immediately induced skepticism about the trip's relaxfulness, but it turns out they also liked to chill* so it was a really good balance of doing things and relaxing.

Thanks to the people who liked to do things, it was my first time parasailing, (A+, would do again), the gondola ride to the top of the mountain was initially terrifying (but after some wine was awesome), and the boat ride was great until it got too rocky for me to handle.





Beautiful sunsets, gorgeous beaches, peaceful mornings drinking coffee on a balcony watching blue jays and chipmunks, nights spent enjoying camaraderie in 50 degree weather and yoga pants... it was fantastic.


The pine cones were gigantic! (banana for scale... it was a big banana too.)


And, to be honest, the most important part is... A week straight of foxy grandpa and I still want to hang out with him. 

It should be noted that he surprised me with tickets to the Legally Blonde musical in Reno after I saw a billboard driving around and expressed interest in it.

A man. willingly bought tickets. To.
the Legally. Blonde. MUSICAL.

MUSICAL.
Legally Blonde.
Musical.
LEGALLY BLONDE. MUSICAL.

As a complete surprise, just because I mentioned offhand that I'd like to see it.

The LEGALLY BLONDE freaking MUSICAL!!

~insert swoon here~

It was amazing! It was at an adorable outdoor amphitheater with the best cast. I laughed out loud several times and clapped with glee throughout like a giddy child. 10/10 would see again.

Solid move on foxy grandpa's part.



*smoke legal weed

No comments:

Post a Comment