18 October 2019

plants and plants

I don't know what I was thinking.

Vicky asked me if I would take care of the party favors for Missy's bridal shower and I said, "Sure!"

...and suggested that we give everyone a small plant with a tag that says,"Let love grow."

Damn you, pinterest. And wine.

I'm not going to buy 30 plants, so now I'm trying to propagate/ keep small aloe vera and pothos plants alive until the shower a month from now.

Good thing she's going with a rustic theme, because I'll be able to avoid buying 30 small pots and am going to use cat food cans with a ribbon tied around them.
Ha, crafty!

Then I have to figure out how to transport them to San Antonio.

If it works, I will have outdone myself.
If it fails, I'm going to be spending a lot of money at a garden center in a few weeks.

I asked my neighbor if I could have some cuttings of some plants in her front yard. I know she has a bunch of pothos and I'm pretty savvy with those particular plants. I actually have 4 that I've kept alive for many years.

She came over with 2 huge bags.


I definitely only needed like, 40 leaves but now I have a giant amount.

Anyone want some?

No comments:

Post a Comment