02 November 2019

news and fluff

I woke up on Wednesday morning at 05:30 to the sound of a puking cat.
Oy.

I got up, cleaned it up, and settled back into bed.

Then I laid awake for about an hour. When my alarm went off, instead of hitting the snooze button, I got up and started the coffee maker.

I poured myself a cup, sat on the couch, and decided that I wanted to watch the news.

I turn 35 in 28 days. Is this how being a grown-up happens? One day you wake up and WANT to watch the news?

I don't even know what channel the local news is on. I had to text my mom and ask her. And then, I was annoyed because the morning show had a bunch of dumb fluff instead of the weather, traffic, and headlines I was expecting.

Whatever happened to the 15-minute condensed version of the news that would play on repeat in the mornings, so that you could catch it before heading to work? I would up watching some dumb cooking demonstration before I got annoyed and turned off the tv.

This must be why I don't watch the news. Sorry, adult self. It's just not happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment