26 November 2019

so much stuff and updates.

I am sitting here, at my bar, absolutely ready for bed at 8pm on a Tuesday.

You know what I'm NOT doing? Packing. 

Last week, during my last-minute trip to Laredo, my boss asked for volunteers to work 3-11pm in Dallas the night before Thanksgiving. It's not normally something we do, but this VIP customer has been having some issues and has 24/7 onsite support right now. I offered, and to my dismay, he accepted! I was trying to be a team player, hoping that someone else had already volunteered, but nope. 

To recap, I drove to Laredo and back, then drove to San Antonio and back, then planned to drive to Dallas and back, Austin and back, and then back to San Antonio and back, all within a span of 3 weeks. My hips hurt just thinking about it. Seriously, the muscles in my leg that are involved in pushing the gas pedal are sore and have been since April. I have been taking my yoga mat with me and focus on hip and leg stretches in the evenings. There has to be such a thing as driving ergonomics. I should look that up.

Anyway, I prepared for another hectic week and psyched myself up for it, then today I got a text message saying that it wouldn't be necessary to go to Dallas. THANK GOD, because that was going to be rough and I am feeling pretty exhausted.

Now I get some breathing room, and I am so grateful for it.

I am still working in San Antonio next week and the promise of working locally for the rest of the year got rescheduled so now anything can happen.

FG's schedule also changed today. He was supposed to leave Thursday to go hunting all weekend, but now he is here on Thanksgiving, so we get to enjoy the day together at Ashley's mother-in-law's and that is so nice.

Even though things are falling into place, it's not how I planned this Thanksgiving/ birthday season to go. I had hoped to take another trip with Suze and skip Thanksgiving and spend my 35th birthday in some new cool place, but for various reasons it didn't work out. Now that it's here I'm glad I don't have a trip planned, because I'm burnt out on traveling for the moment... work-related or not.

In a fun twist, every member of my family will be out of town on my birthday, as well as FG. I might very well spend my birthday alone! I'm normally pretty chill about birthdays, but 35 feels like a significant one. I am so tired of driving, but am heavily leaning towards going to see Suzy and Kenzie in Austin, just for the night.

I was craving a night out dancing, but pretty much got that out of my system at Missy's bachelorette party last weekend. Towards midnight, my feet, hips, and knee were hurting and I was ready for bed. I was going to suck it up and keep the party going because I wanted Missy to have a fun night, but then I saw Zach yawn and I silently thanked him because I knew it wouldn't be long before we went back to the hotel. Ha, I was right.

Oh! The plants I was growing for the shower all lived and the shower was absolutely lovely.


The bridal party all wore purple and cowboy boots, and I suggested that FG wear this interesting shiny purple shirt he had hanging in his closet... I mean, when is there going to be another appropriate occasion for that??


I love that he's totally down for wearing coordinating clothing for things like wedding showers. Gosh, he's cute.

Also, Pumpkin has been acting like a normal cat again. Eating, playing, etc. Not sure why things turned around, but I'm glad they have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment