22 September 2007

addiction

I am worried about Mitch.
Tonight he got very drunk and ended up getting sick all over the steps outside the apartment. When I left he was still sitting there, looking miserable. I knew when he took that first drink that it was a bad idea. You don't join AA and stay sober for two years if you can stop at a nice buzz. I felt a little bad leaving, but my heart wasn't in this party and he was done for the night anyway. My sister was doing a really great job taking care of him; I was surprised.

I hope he wakes up tomorrow and realizes that he should probably not drink anymore. Unfortunately I know it will get much worse before he decides to stop again. I just hope it stays related to alcohol and he doesn't start in on the drugs again. I know if he does my sister will not leave him and I don't want to see her dragged into that. I don't want to have to hate him for hurting her.

No comments:

Post a Comment