26 September 2007

juggling

I smell like Christmas.
Cloves, actually.

Everything smells like it! We distilled them and extracted the oil today in the most disastrous ochem lab ever. I accidentally added NaOH instead of NaCl to the distillate... oops. So then I had to add copious amounts of ether to even get the layers to separate. Even then they did not separate satisfactorily and my % recovery is going to suck balls. Again. It took the entire 6 hours stuck in the clov-ey smelling basement and I was already crabby from the results of my midterm... no bueno.
I made stupid mistakes; Come ON, I accidentally mixed up polar and nonpolar! Six points right there. That is what results from lack of sleep and too much caffeine. Garg it's so frustrating. Especially because I'm putting so much effort into this course.

I mean, everybody wants bragging rights to say they're doing well in the most notoriously hard course known to natural science majors... you definitely get some respect.
But I am really trying to bring my GPA back up. And in the midst of focusing on ochem, I'm unavoidably neglecting the other courses I'm taking. I managed to pull B's on the first midterms in those courses.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Cougar Football, here we come!! Then sleep, lots of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment