28 December 2013

stuff around here

-On a whim, I got hubs a toy helicopter for Christmas. It's a serious contender for the best gift I've ever gotten him. Right now, I can hear the whirr of the blades, and him saying, "This thing is so fucking fun."

-We have new neighbors!! I would not have even noticed if Chris didn't see the moving van one day while I was at work. Really quick, right before Christmas. No for-sale or rent sign; maybe they're relatives of the previous occupants? Either way, I'm stoked it's a young couple with a small child instead of creepy lawn-mowing dudes. I'm hoping the chick and I can bond. I need to expand my friend circle and I feel like it's good to be on good terms with your neighbors.

-I've drank about 1/2 glass of wine with dinner and I'm feeling it. At this rate I'll be asleep by 9. On a Saturday. Which I totally didn't even realize it was, with all of these random vacation days due to the holiday. No complaints here.

-There have been a lot of adjustments around here. Some of the major ones include:
a. Reminding Chris that he lives with a girl when it comes to toilet seat placement. So far the tally is at 2 butt splashes in the middle of the night.
b. Getting used to sleeping with someone. I wake up at every little adjustment and loud breathing. Some day, it will be hard to sleep without him.

Speaking of, he's got a nice fire going in the fireplace and looks lonely on the couch. Deuces.

No comments:

Post a Comment