08 February 2017

jumbled but not really

Trying not to focus on how much I blew it last week during the digital interview. Let me clarify: this was NOT a skype interview. This "interview" consisted of questions on a screen and videotaped answers.

Which, apparently for me, equals temporary retardation and jibberish answers while trying to stare at the webcam instead of myself or anything else. It didn't go well. Even after I asked my reporter sister-in-law for tips. I'm the chick that got booted from the hospital's commercial because while I'm sweet and awesome in person, on video I turn into an awkward creep.

I'm torn with this whole idea because I really am happy at my current workplace. I would not be concerned with changing jobs if it weren't for this opportunity. I love my coworkers, their curious personalities and lighthearted ways, and the sense of community we have. Yes, I'm bored and unchallenged, but at the same time my heart really is calm and connected to this place. It would truly hurt to leave. Plus I LOVE the insanely short commute.

Then there's also the idea that I might move with Chris when he goes to grad school. I'm not sure our marriage can handle another long-term long-distance trek, but if I get this new job I'm definitely staying in Houston. Everything is so gloriously up in the air.

At the end of every day, I'm not really stressed at all about it. I'm convinced it all will work out the way it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment