23 January 2017

dress up

I had a really fun experience today.

I walked into White House Black Market and told the salesman that I needed to look like a professional grown-up and didn't know where to start.

I swear I saw a twinkle in his eye as he tossed me into a dressing room and started throwing clothes at me. I loved every single thing I tried on, but in the end I left with one fabulous outfit (plus a gorgeous pair of shoes that I can actually walk in and my sister petted for a bit).
I may have a new favorite store.

Even better? When I got home I realized that I have a blazer in my closet that looks exactly like the one I just bought, so I get to return it and get this other jacket that I really loved. (It looks lame on the computer screen but it's super cute on)

I've talked about this before, but it's really hard to look nice wearing cheap, old clothing. Especially as I get older and (hopefully) work my way up the career ladder.

So today I stepped it up. Like a girl boss should.

No comments:

Post a Comment