26 January 2019

2018 to 2019

Let's see, January is almost over, because that's how things go. But there's never a bad time for reflection.

Overall, 2018 was a great year, especially compared to the previous few years that were so rocky and just plain hard. I have developed a lot of little good habits that have completely transformed some areas of my life.

2018 was my year, the year I finally pulled myself up. I feel like I'm standing on top of the mountain with my arms raised, going, "FUCK YEAH."

You know, kinda like this.


I think the most valuable thing I did was focus on being present and finding joy in the moment. Because even during the darkest times, that little bit of light goes such a long way, and once it's a habit it becomes part of how you think and who you are.

Yoga certainly helped; it has served as a little mini re-set many times. Definitely going to continue this practice. It's plain good for my body and mind.

Starting off so far in 2019, I feel strong, happy, sturdy, and capable. I feel lighter, both inside and out. I'm not carrying any unnecessary burdens. (More on that later)

My goals for 2019 are not that different from what they have been, and are mostly integrated into my daily life already:

-Eat veggies with every meal (even breakfast).
-Continue with self-care and simplification. Check in with myself often to see what I need, mentally and physically and in my surroundings.
-Be consciously kind.

I want to travel some more this year, and I have a few house projects I want to complete.

That's about it. Like my mom said, 2017 felt like a year of setting up, 2018 was a year of changes, and 2019 doesn't feel like it has to be a year of anything monumental. It feels like it kinda just wants to slow down, flow and continue. Let's see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment