04 January 2019

heartbreak

I had planned to spend an evening this week reflecting on 2018 and outlining a few goals for 2019.

However, as I take a moment to sit down and collect my thoughts, they are in an entirely different place than I expected them to be. 

I have been immersed in other activities, shocked by the news that FG's daughter was murdered earlier this week.

I've spent the last few days holding the hand of a grieving father, trying to comfort him in a situation that should never happen. Still reeling from the news, the blows keep coming as new information is released, privately and also to the public.

The public part is freaking me out. I am a relatively private person.
Reporters keep calling FG, there's been a press release, and details that feel private are being shared publicly.

On one hand I feel like they're trying to exploit a grieving family's pain for a news story, but on the other hand it's necessary because this is an active investigation and detectives are trying to find the killer. The more people that see the story, the more likely it will reach someone who has information.

I understand but it doesn't make it any easier to see faces you know on the news in such a horrible context.

Needless to say, so far 2019 has been difficult, and the immediate future will not be easy either.

It's absolutely brutal watching someone I love go through something so awful. I'm trying to be a comfort, but nothing can ease the pain of losing a loved one like that.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Terrible, terrible news. Condolences and much love to all affected.

    ReplyDelete