20 February 2019

DIY floating planter

One of the main reasons why there were so many holes in the pond liner was because there were a lot of rocks in it. Water pressure combined with the weight of the rocks is enough to puncture it. There were even cinderblocks stacked inside the pond to serve as plant stands for the lily pads, which definitely caused problems.

The pond guy suggested getting floating planters when I get more plants.

You can get them on amazon for 35 bucks, ORRRR you can go to the dollar store and make your own for 3 bucks.

Which I did. With a basket, a pool noodle, and some zip ties. So easy, so cheap, and it actually worked!



Went to the store, got a plant, and plopped it in.
I have to admit I was scared when I stuck it in the pond, but it floats perfectly. The plant should eventually grow over the edge enough to conceal the bright blue color.


No comments:

Post a Comment