11 May 2019

cbd bandwagon

To continue my cyclic, lowkey personal crusade that involves my digestive system, I've decided to take a new approach... ish.

I'm still over this whole, "take a bunch of medicine to help your symptoms and in the meantime we don't know what's going on so how about you avoid coffee, alcohol, chocolate, spicy foods, etc." type of approach. I mean yes, it does help to avoid certain foods that I know don't agree with me, and yes, cutting back on alcohol is a good thing. Duh. I've also added more organic foods and try to avoid genetically modified "food" [don't even get me started on that].

 And, not surprisingly, I have seen some improvement.

However, there are those few times when my stomach is just not happy, for whatever reason. I can still function, but feeling crummy and blegh ruins my damn day. I hate taking drugs to help, because they have their own side effects and I wind up trading one issue for another.

Looking for more holistic options past ginger and all that, I've considered smoking a little weed, but that's not really a long-term solution because I hate the way smoking hurts my throat and, you know, what if I have to pass a drug test.

But what about CBD? It seems to be taking off right along with the legal weed industry and the hype has to come from somewhere. I've heard a lot about it and know folks who swear by it. I looked it up, and the compound has been shown to have a similar calming effect on the digestive system as THC.

So I figured, why not give it a shot? It's certainly on the more holistic side of things when compared to proton pump inhibitors, and worst case scenario is that it doesn't work for me.

Surprisingly, in my research I learned that CBD actually interacts with many other drugs... "natural" doesn't always mean "safe!"

So anyway, for maximum benefit, I decided to try a full spectrum oil that contains below the legal amount of THC. Because it's there, even in a tiny dose, it can possibly make you fail a drug test, depending on your metabolism and how often you take it. So I bought a bunch of drug tests (on amazon!). I figure if it ever shows up positive, I'll stop taking it.

Also, on a crazy cat lady related note, I'm going to give some to Pumpkin and see if it will boost her appetite/ help her sore bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment