20 May 2019

shmilestones

Time has gone by so fast. I don't feel the need to make a big deal out of it, because certain kinds of shmoop are unnecessary, but I would like to acknowledge that it's officially been a year since I texted FG and asked if he wanted to have dinner. Towards the end of our date, he leaned back in his chair and said, "I like you."

An early indicator of his superb communication skills, haha.

Turns out, cute older dudes (who turn out to be grandpas) are my jam. Well, at least this one is. He really is sunshine and happiness, in the form of a foxy, sweet man who brings me a lot of flowers and I'm digging it.

I fully believe the universe placed him into my life for a reason and I'm immensely grateful for all of the small but wonderful things that I've experienced as a result of him being around. I've had a lot of fun this past year, and I do not mind if he sticks around for a while.

P.S. I don't care if I have dated him for a year, I'm still not calling him my boyfriend. I absolutely hate that term but I can't figure out another appropriate word. I think it's so weird for a grown-ass woman to call a grown-ass man her boyfriend. Ugh. Not doing it.

P.P.S. Also on a completely unrelated note, I saw a roadrunner today. I was driving to Laredo in the middle of nowhere and he (appropriately), was running across the road. I'm glad I didn't hit him.

No comments:

Post a Comment