03 May 2019

adventures of everydayness

I logged on to my computer to do some online shopping, and then remembered that it has been a while since I blogged.

Work has been busy and it seems it's all I have the time and energy for. I like installing instruments. Yes they're long days, but I like that the instruments are fresh and new and they usually cooperate.

A couple local trips, including one to Austin/Wimberley with the raddest vacation rental house that was on a creek with a hot tub and a fire pit. Life goals, right there. Went to reggae fest for FG's birthday, which was kinda meh for me since I don't smoke weed on the regular and that's all everyone did. The highlight of that trip was hanging out with Suze and Kenzie.

Then I turned right back around and went back to Austin for work, then the next week I started an install at a hospital where, in a fun twist of fate, creepy customer is now the lab manager. I expected it to be awkward but it turns out he's getting married, but also he dropped another bomb on me and said that they're in an open relationship until they're married and the offer to fool around is still on the table. I keep reminding him that I'm in a committed relationship... and am also loyal. Besides that, we are getting along pretty well haha.

After I finish this install, I'm headed to Laredo for 6 weeks-ish to install one of our big new products at a new site. Oy, that will be a lot. Trying to take that project one day at a time and not get overwhelmed. Job security. I already feel bad for the lack of attention that Pumpkin will have...

Still have a ton of house projects that I can never seem to complete. Painting stalled and half of the living room is still waiting for a refresh. Also, at the top of the list, there's some rotted eaves that my neighbor pointed out on the other side of the house.

Oh, and a giant bird ate one of the fish! Security cameras caught him, or else I would have never known where the fish went. In addition, it seems that spring is frog-mating season because the back yard erupts in asynchronous madness every night. They better eat all the bugs.

It's hard to believe that next month marks 1 year of living in this house. This time last year was SO different than it is now. I have to say, I'm so very thankful for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment