17 June 2019

halfway point

Day 15 of this Whole 30 and I'm currently wishing I was sipping on a glass of good red wine.

The craving for sweets has died down, but I think it's been harder to dismiss the wine habit because it's so good at winding me down at the end of the day, but also because I miss the act of sipping. You know how smokers find it hard to break the habit of wanting a cigarette between their fingers? I think it's harder to break the physical habit of sipping something than it is to give up alcohol. So I've been trying herbal tea, and it kinda helps.

Another thing, WHY did I decide to do a Whole 30 during a month where I'm traveling every week? It's hard enough to do one of these when you have a full kitchen, much less a hotel mini fridge and microwave. There have been lots of salads.

One thing I've noticed, and I completely did not expect it... my skin is looking a lot better. Like, a LOT better. The breakouts have basically stopped. It could be coincidence, or the fact that I've been eating really healthy lately, but I'm thinking something I cut out of my diet might have been contributing to the acne. When it's over, I think I'll slowly start introducing things to see how my skin reacts. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy my healing skin.

P.S. I love going to Walmart in tiny little towns. The people are nice, there are enough cashiers, and it's actually fun to shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment