29 September 2023

mrs part 2

Well, here we are on the eve of my wedding, and I thought it would be nice to record some of my thoughts.

Today was a whirlwind of to-do lists and excitement that eventually wound down into tiredness. This evening I came home from making bouquets with my mom and sisters, ate some dinner, poured a glass of wine, and drew a hot bath. 
[I'll meal prep and pack tomorrow.]

Reflecting on what I've been through when it comes to relationships, and how long ago that seems. How lucky I am that I was able to heal from whatever ~that~ was, and how lucky I am to have found someone who makes the stars shine brighter. I am about to marry a man who is kind, warm, smart, supportive, and absolutely the highlight of every day. Who loves my family and has a great family that I fit in naturally. It's always been so easy to be with him.

Tomorrow I'll be a wife again. But this time I'll also be a stepmom, And (officially) a grandma. Titles that I'm so honored to have.

Looking forward to the wedding, not just because DUH, but because weddings are affairs where literally it's all your favorite people and everyone is there to offer well-wishes and have a good time. It's the best kind of party.

This chapter of my life is going to be a good one. 

1 comment:

  1. ConGRATS!!! Wow. I've dropped off a lot of social media, but popped back to FB yesterday and saw that we now share a last name. Being a Coleman is fabulous - welcome to the party! Happy to see you are still writing and growing and being your amazing self. <3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete