13 October 2015

adjusting life

It's 5:30 in the afternoon and I've gotten home from work and had time to unload/load the dishwasher, do some yoga/get a light workout, drink some green tea and eat a snack while playing scrabble on my phone, and catch up on some blogs.

This is lovely.

I don't feel like I have much direction lately.
Well, not that.
I don't feel like my life can be compartmentalized in order to place it into a blog post. My thoughts are not organized.

I'm trying to settle into a groove.

I keep comparing this job to my last bench job and noticing the similarities and differences and making subconscious adjustments to accommodate my old habits.

It's still hard to get up in the morning, but if doesn't matter if wake up at 4am or 6am or 8am. It's still hard to get out of bed.

Started training in blood bank today. This is something I haven't touched since school. One of the problems is, I knew it so well back in school that I don't have many notes on it. So when I tried to study, it was hard to refresh my memory. It started to come back once I actually did a few type & screens.

I feel so much smarter lately. Like I'm using my advanced clinical skills instead of creating excel spreadsheets and wagging my finger at nurses. (Not that I don't love those things.)

No comments:

Post a Comment