07 June 2018

a wonderful shitshow

I can't remember a time when my day wasn't filled with resolving one small crisis after another. Adaptation has played a key role in maintaining my relative sanity.

To be fair, the amount of things that have been accomplished in the last week or so is freaking remarkable. I've got a good team of people on my side, for sure.

To date, after a small amount of drama, there are finally two PODS outside my house. One eventually bound for Lubbock, one headed a few blocks down the road. His and Hers PODS. That makes me chuckle in a macabre way.

The PODS are empty right now, but at least they're there. One small crisis after another. Calling on some reinforcements to fill them both. Thankfully I've helped enough people move in the past that I don't feel guilty about that.

I'm so tired. Work is busy but things are progressing well on this install. I'm so thankful for colleagues who step in to help out. I've done that before, so karma is killing it right now.

My emotionals are a little wonky. Again, I'm exhausted and overwhelmed so I expect that. But overall the wonkiness is working itself out and I kinda feel at peace in the midst of all this tumult... and that makes no sense but I'm getting really good at rolling with things.

Less than a week from now, (I hope) I will have the keys to a different house on my keychain.

Life will have shifted again and dumped me out in a different mindset.

And oh, isn't that a crazy thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment