17 June 2018

hello from the other side

I had a quiet moment to myself this afternoon, so of course it's time for a brain dump.

Packing and moving was chaotic and insane and I am becoming pretty adept at rolling with the punches. I called in a LOT of favors. I could not have survived this on my own. I'm so grateful for the good people in my life.

Looking back, it's actually bewildering how much stuff happened in such a short period of time. 

I can't believe somebody actually bought our house. There's another car in the driveway and someone else is walking into that house every night. It's a little weird to wrap my head around.

I can't believe that I made an offer and closed on a house in 10 business days.

I can't believe that a few of my friends and I packed up my house over the course of an evening. 

I can't believe that my movers cancelled the day I closed on my new house, and I can't believe that we rallied and unloaded everything in mere hours. 
(Really, where was that time warp?)

I can't believe my new surroundings. It's unreal how pretty this house is.
I'm typing this in bed with Pumpkin, computer atop a shrink-wrapped nightstand.
The view outside my bedroom is serene.
Last night I soaked in a huge, deep tub full of hot water and epsom salts and felt at peace.
Earlier today I sat on the back porch and listened to the rain while I watched the fish pop out of the water and planned what kinds of flowers would go in the empty spaces in the garden.

There's a lot to adjust to, but the immediate chaos has passed. It's been replaced with lots of little projects and unpacking.

I spent 20 minutes today looking in the garage for the box that contained my undies. Plus I've been living with no fridge and I'm so tired of eating out.
I'm SO HAPPY it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, along with the washer and dryer. 

Which is awesome because in addition to the undies situation, I have no clean pants. I'm totally going to be rocking a dress in the lab tomorrow and I don't really have a choice, but it'll be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment