24 June 2018

smiling

Today I woke up sore and sunburned and happy.

Yesterday Foxy Grandpa invited me to the beach with a couple of his friends, and I had the BEST day. I unpacked zero boxes. I cleaned literally nothing. My laptop stayed closed.

The beach is always a good idea, but I really, really needed a day of relaxation. It was the perfect way to force myself to take a breather. There's nothing to do at the beach but relax and chill.

So that's what I did. With reggae music on the bluetooth speaker, a nice breeze, and a slushy little bottle of rose.


I always take time to appreciate my blessings, but I kinda forgot that life is supposed to be fun. I really forgot that relationships are supposed to be fun. Chris stopped doing social things with me years ago and I forget how nice it is to share those simple recreational moments with someone you dig.

I also forgot how easy it is to make new friends... when you make new friends. Because when you hang out with new people you get to meet THEIR friends, and so on.

The couple I met yesterday were the kind of people that buy some cheap blow up floaties at the gift shop to use in the water, but before we left the beach they gave them to some random kids to enjoy. THOSE ARE MY KIND OF PEOPLE.

Yesterday was so, so good for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment