02 June 2018

on track

In case you were wondering, all of the inspections are done on the new house (not without drama, of course). It was a ridiculously busy week with all kinds of hurriedness, plus a flat tire on Friday that completely screwed up all my plans.

Today Helen and I looked at each other and nodded our heads, agreeing that it was a good idea that I move forward with the purchase. Yes, it is an old house so of course it needs some work, but I knew that. But I'm happy because I know exactly what work needs to happen. So, let's rock and roll!

Focusing on packing. It doesn't seem like a lot but it kind of is. I opted against a packing party this weekend because there are still 11 days until closing and I still need to live here. Perhaps next weekend? I talked to my boss and I can take a couple days off work because now I have some backup.

Trying to get on Chris to get his pod delivered sooner than later so I can get his stuff out of here and only worry about myself.

Because the plan is to wake up in my new house in less than 2 weeks. GAH! So much to do.

P.S. I have a hot date with foxy grandpa tomorrow. We're going to an axe throwing range (different, right?) and then to dinner. He planned it all. He wasn't sure about the restaurant so he called to make sure they could do gluten free food. THEN an hour later he called again to talk to a different person just to make sure their answers matched.

If that's not swoon-worthy, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment