18 August 2007

best chocolate cake ever

I love chocolate. However, I'm not crazy for chocolate cake or chocolate icing.
But.
There's this cake.
It's so wonderfully delicious that I can't possibly stop at one piece. It's divine.

An ex-boyfriend's mom used to make it, and I have no idea where she got the recipe, but one day I asked her for it and today I was going through and found it. I've never actually made it myself, I always just ate hers.

I'm going to a party tonight and I promised Akh I'd bring some sort of sugary wonderfulness so I figured I'd give it a shot. Lately I've been substituting butter for that stuff that's supposed to make your cholesterol go down, eggs with egg beaters, whole grain flour, etc etc. But this time I didn't.

OH. MY. GOD. No words.

I feel like I must share this incredible artery-clogging diabetic coma straight-to-your-hips chocolate-y masterpiece with the blogging world. So here it is:

Best Chocolate Cake Ever

Ingredients:
1 c. water
2 sticks butter or margarine
4 T. cocoa
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1/4 t. salt
2 beaten eggs
1 t. baking soda
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Boil water, butter and cocoa. Let it cool for few minutes.
Mix flour, sugar, salt. Combine cocoa mixture with dry mixture.
Add eggs, baking soda, buttermilk, vanilla and cinnamon.
Bake for 20-40 minutes in a 13x9 pan. (mine was ready right around 25-30 min)

Icing:
Heat 1 stick butter, 4 T. cocoa, 6 T. milk but do NOT let it boil. Once it's all dissolved, add in 1 box (this was vague, I added about 3 1/2 cups) powdered sugar and 1 T. vanilla.

Pour this warm mixture over the still-warm cake.

Once it cools it gets this delightful layer of thin sugar crust and the icing's soaked into the cake so it's incredibly moist.

I had to beat my mom and brother off of it until it cooled... haha.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment