09 August 2007

letter to you

If you ever stumble upon this, or go looking one day and find yourself reading...

I do understand.
I know I make it sound like I'm blaming you for everything, but I'm just trying to get you to see past yourself and see how you affect other people. I think that's part of learning how to deal with your problems; seeing how you affect others, even though you think your problems are yours alone. They're not.
But I do understand. I should have made that clearer instead of arguing my point.

I don't blame you, you have every good intention for yourself and this is the time you need to take to do it. Yes, I was hurt, but there was no way around it. It was going to happen either way.

I hated fighting with you. Of course every fight was about how we weren't close anymore, and maybe I still don't understand this part, but you resisted.
Again, not your fault. It was over as soon as you felt nothing... empty. Numb. This should have happened a long time ago. There was no room in your life for a girlfriend and all holding on did was ruin our chances farther down the road.
We were all hurting and scared for you, with you. You didn't know that, though. It was as if you didn't want to know.

I hope you enjoy the changes you make. I hope you figure everything out. I hope you learn that it's okay to be alone, but it's also ok to allow yourself to let go and enjoy it when the right person comes along. I don't ever want you to miss out on another "strictly amazing" because you're scared.

You are the best and worst thing that's ever happened to me and I am very glad that I met you.

No comments:

Post a Comment