11 August 2007

can't sleep

After a long day and a relatively mellow night with friends, my bed is calling. But my protesting stomach says otherwise. I forget sometimes that I can't eat and drink like most other people without having stomach discomfort. I've been taking advantage of these wonderful life-saving proton pump inhibitors, forgetting that they are not 100% effective and they are only a temporary fix. So, my late dinner combination of spicy gumbo and wine are giving me painful reminders of what life used to be like 24/7. I can take it every once in a while.

Tonight was spent at a tattoo parlor, providing moral support to V. Then we headed over to 59 Diner since we were all pretty hungry. I didn't know if we were going to end up at a bar or a club or what, so I wore my new top that I got on sale at Express a while back. I've been wanting to wear it. It's one of my favorites, shows a lot of cleavage but otherwise isn't too slutty. We ended up at Agora and had drinks. I love the atmosphere of that place, and the fact that they add tiny chocolate brownies to the saucer with my soy chai lattes. Oscar met up with us there, but E didn't. (I wonder what he ended up doing? He sounded like more in the mood for a club anyway.) Then, coincidentally I ran into T and her friend who had just come back from the mixers thing at the museum. We all hung out and talked, that museum thing sounds like fun. It was kinda strange at first hanging out w/ T kuz it's like, "hey, you're kinda dating my BFF Dave." But it was all right, I like her.

Thursday I got a new desk. I got the one from work for $15, which is a fantastic deal, because a desk this size new usually starts at $250. It's in good shape too. So I did a lot of rearranging and cleaning and moving stuff back up into the guest room for storage. When things settled down it was funny to watch Pumpkin sniff everything and climb on top of the new things, scoping things out. I like it, I have plenty of room for books and studying and all that.

It is going to be SO strange living here during the semester. At this point I'm usually making plans to move again. I have a feeling I'll be losing a lot of the camaraderie that comes with living on campus. I felt this way last summer and things were completely different, in fact they all went downhill. I think maybe the change is what I need. It's time to move on and let go, in a lot of areas in my life.

I think I can go to bed now. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment