16 August 2007

pondering love

I can always tell when my sister hangs out in my room: the telltale signs include the futon cover being torn off, the TV set to some crappy countdown on VH1, candy wrappers next to my empty candy dish, and various other little messes here and there. I can rag on her all I want, but the truth is, it's kind of comforting.

So anyways, that little note aside, the real reason I logged on.

I've been thinking a lot, obviously. After all these emotional events going on lately, what with having talks with Rob and this thing with C and other guys that have come and gone, each with appropriate heartache and non-heartache...

My question is this: If you can 'get over' someone, does it mean you never really loved them as much as you thought you did?
Or does it just mean you have a healthy grasp of reality and not some movie-script idea of love?

I mean, because when you're in love with someone, or at least when you think you are, they're amazing and you can't see yourself not loving them. Then when you have to get over them, you find the strength until they're not really a part of your life anymore. I mean, it kinda HAS to be that way in order for you to get over them.

So when you stop thinking about them every day and it doesn't bother you if they're dating someone else, and you don't have any angry or bitter feelings towards them, you're actually happy for them, and you can have lunch with them and not have the urge to kiss them, and you don't feel that ache of lost love when you see them, they've become someone not as special.

How does someone you love like no other become someone that isn't even necessary in every day life, doesn't make your heart ache when you can't have them?
It's hard to justify those feelings I once had when now they aren't there anymore. They were real, I know they were. They're just... changed maybe.

I suppose I just change the romantic type of love into something more acceptable. But it still bothers me. Will there ever be a person where I can't transfer these feelings? Is that "true love?"

There really is no way to tell, is there?
But even while I toss this turmoil around, as each day passes I get more confident that things are gunna be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment