26 August 2007

diversions

I've got that familiar feeling that I used to get when I couldn't concentrate because of the hurt. Please, please, please don't stay this way. Make it go away. I've been doing so well lately but all of a sudden it just pounces and grabs ahold out of nowhere and squeezes tight.

Fucking country music and Chevy Silverados and stupid 3am text messages that I wish I never got. Stupid movies about Dale Earnhardt and oatmeal raisin cookies and rocky road ice cream. Damn Cullen College of Engineering and those German beers in the grocery store. I never should have taken that call. No more random memories being triggered by everything! I don't want to be reminded!!

My frame of mind has slipped and I just have to wait it out until I can shift it back to where it belongs.


When you take two steps forward and one step back...
you're still moving ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment