19 May 2012

kitty lucha libre

So I came home last night and Pumpkin was lying on the couch. It hasn't been one of her usual spots lately, so I knew something was amiss. Usually if she pukes in her spot she'll change things up, so I checked around. No puke. Then I looked at her. Her face was a complete mess, half of it covered in blood, her eye swollen and squinty and oozing. Holy crap!

So I cleaned her up and it looked a lot better; most of it was ooze and blood. But her eye was still pretty gnarly. So this morning instead of sleeping in, I called the vet and squeezed in an appointment. I found myself in a bra and pants before 9am on my only day off this week, which directly contradicted my bra-less and pants-less plans. She has impeccable timing.

I love, love Sugar Land Pet Hospital. They have always gone above and beyond throughout the decade I've been taking my accident-prone pets there.

So they put this neat stuff on her eye and used a UV light to look at it- it glowed all fluorescent yellow. Pretty cool.

Final diagnosis: scratched cornea with a torn 3rd eyelid. Ouch. I have to put ointment on her eye three times a day for a week. Seriously... put ointment on a cat's eye? Fun... I think I'll try the towel trick that Missy's mom uses.

Also need to clean up around here and wash my bedsheets. Kitty slept in the bed last night and there are little eye ooze spots all over the place. Grrooosss.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, hope she feels better! Yep, just roll the cat in a towel, burrito-style. Then place the cat-burrito on the floor and throw your body over her. She should be sufficiently restrained for ointment application!

    ReplyDelete