05 May 2012

tropical tryst, anyone?

I am THISclose to buying plane tickets to Hawaii. I'm just waiting for Chris to wake up and call me so I can confirm the dates and times. The 13-hour travel time each way includes 1 stop (nonstop tickets were WAY too much). The price has increased by $300 since I looked at them on Thursday so I'm kind of antsy. I hope that my boss is cool with it; she's on vacation so I can't confirm with her before I buy the tickets. She's usually pretty understanding, but you never know. At the very least, I've confirmed with my coworkers that they'll be able to cover my shifts while I'm gone. Cross your fingers it all goes smoothly.

After this expense, and the wisdom tooth expense, I will be on super double secret financial lockdown for the next few months. Worth it? Absolutely. I was in college for 7 years; I know how to be poor.

I'm so effing excited! I was starting to worry about him. He just didn't sound good; the high stress, time-consuming job is taking its toll and I could tell, especially after a couple weeks in the field. When I texted him to tell him that I'll be able to visit after all, he said he was so excited he was bouncing around in his seat, haha.
I'm totally trying to convince him to elope while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment