23 May 2012

wrapping it up

I came home today with a list of things to do a mile long. I also came home to my sad kitty, cone-bound and demon-eyed. I've been feeling worried/ guilty about leaving with her in this state. Since there has been no significant healing in the last few days, and since it actually looked worse than the initial wound, I decided to take her back to the vet.

Pumpkin was pisssed. The vet concluded that the nastiness poking out of her eye was the third eyelid that had been torn. It had kinda detached and was literally hanging out. The solution? Cut it out. Eeeeeeeeeew. It turns out, they were able to gas her up and snip it out right then. Thank goodness. Suzy and I ran to the grocery store, and when we came back she was ready to go.

It looks immensely better. The cone has to stay on for a couple more days, so that sucks, but you can tell it's going to heal now. The eye is just a little red, as opposed to the small alien it looked like before. Huge weight lifted off my chest.

Just another instance where my cat exhibits her knack for complicating things. 

The impromptu vet visit and light surgery set my schedule back a bit, but as of now I have most of the packing done. Now it's just time to wait, finish up a few things, and tomorrow spend 16 hours traveling.

Regardless, I'm so excited.

1 comment:

  1. omg!!! we missed out on the dole icecream!!! darnit! crack on a cone. i needed some of that!!!

    p.s. looked like a fabulous vacation!

    ReplyDelete