05 November 2013

public transportation

This is what I felt like taking the shuttle yesterday morning.


Hardly an exaggeration. I was terrified in this creaky, bumpy shuttle tearing over bridges, taking high-speed turns, and rattling loudly around. The driver was running late because of the rain and was trying to make up for lost time. To his credit, I made it to work alive-- somewhat rattled, but on time.

The ride home was not much better, but at least I knew what to expect. Of course this was after I chased after the first shuttle waving my arms, and had to wait around for the next one.

This morning I was prepared, and simply shut my eyes the whole ride, not worrying about why the driver just slammed on the breaks, or wondering if we were going to topple off the overpass. These are professional drivers. These are professional drivers. These are professional drivers.

Anyway, I'm going to keep doing it, just to see how I like it. I already like not having to fill up my gas tank this week, and I think I'll get used to the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment